Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A place to visit


Again, I haven't written for a while. I know I should have practiced my writing more ...daily writing, my teacher used to tell us. Well, I haven't been a good student at all ...but in one month I`ll have to take the exam, and I should start studying harder...

I decided I will keep posting personal writings here, but once in a while I'll post my writing exercises which are taken from the book. If you`d like to comment on them, feel free...any comments will be very much appreciated...

So, let`s start with my first one...

****
What famous place would you like to visit? Use details and reasons to support your response.

There are so many famous places that are wonderful and interesting in our world, that it is really hard to pick one above all. However, I think that if I had to choose only one famous place now, I would definitely choose to visit the Niagara Falls. This choice would be dictated mainly by three reasons.
In the fist place, Niagara Falls are widely known for their beauty and importance. Of course, if I had to choose a famous location to visit, I would choose one that is unanimously considered beautiful. As far as I know, the Niagara Falls are considered among one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the United States. Luckily, I had the chance to speak to several people that actually went there and already saw them. Everyone described the experience as amazing, stunning, incredible and wonderful. This leaves no doubt that Niagara Falls are a place to be seen in the United States.
The other reason that made me pick Niagara Falls out of thousand other places is their location. As a temporary United States resident, I am living in the city of Bethesda, in Maryland. From this city, it is not difficult, far or either expensive to get to Niagara Falls. There are several possibilities of transportation, from airplanes to cars or even buses. This makes it definitely easier for me to plan a trip to Niagara Falls and makes this destination much more appetizing than other famous places that are far and expensive to get to.
Finally, you have to agree with me that traveling alone is, if not sad and boring, at least much more difficult and dangerous than traveling in good company. Most of the friends I have in the United States have actually never been to Niagara Falls, and all of them would like top go there. This makes it much easier to plan a trip with some of my closest friends, which would make the excursion much safer and more enjoyable.
We can conclude that for its beauty and importance, for its location and for the good company I would have in the trip, I would certainly choose Niagara Falls as a famous place I would like to visit. I hope I will be able to do so by next August.

No comments: